Mr. Karwan Jacksi, PhD student at the Department of Computer Science at the University of Zakho, took part in the 5th International Conference on Computing & Informatics (ICOCI 2015), which was held at the Campus of Istanbul Sabahattin Zaim University, Istanbul, Turkey, from 11th to 13th of August 2015.
Mr. Karwan Jacksi shared in this conference with apaper entitled ("A Survey of Exploratory Search Systems Based on Lod Resources") and co-authored with Assist. Prof. Dr. Nazife Dimililer and Assist. Prof. Dr. Subhi R.M. Zeebaree. The organizers of ICOCI 2015 belong to the University of Utara/ Malaysia, Sabahattin Zaim University/ TURKEY, and the College of Arts and Sciences, UUM CAS/ Malaysia. The conference theme was "Computer Science for Improving the Quality of Life". Hence, ICOCI 2015 received innovative ideas in the use of computing technologies to create new values and transform a community with a better vision of the future. Participants were from universities, research institutes, industries, private and government organizations, and professional societies from various countries around the world.
The objectives of the conference were to:
• Discuss and expose the issues of technology and innovation in the field of computing to improve the quality of life.
• Provide a discussion platform for researchers and industry to enable them to spread and share the views and findings. This platform can also be used to strengthen the relationship and cooperation between Malaysian academia and industry with international members.
• Provide a space for students and researchers to meet, discuss, and learn with experts in the related field.
ICOCI2015 ISSN & ISBN Numbers:
• Proceedings ISBN No: 978-967-0910-01-7
• eProceedings ISBN No: 978-967-0910-02-4
• Proceedings ISSN No: 2289-3784