The department of Petroleum Engineering will educate, conduct research, and train students for exploration, development, production, and management of petroleum resources in the Kurdistan Region-Iraq. Course tailored to Petroleum Engineering discipline are available in year 3 and 4, and they will have a broad-based study path through a wide range of subjects.
You will conduct inter/national high-quality research and contribute to developing the departmental research portfolio. You will teach Bachelor level coursework, supervise Bachelor Projects, and contribute to the development of new courses. You are required in collaboration with the department staff to publish at least two research papers with either Thomson Reuters or Scopus.
• You possess an MSc or PhD in petroleum engineering with a topic related to one of the following three specialization: Production Engineering, Drilling Engineering, or Reservoir Engineering;
• You have a proven expertise in least one of the following three domains of Petroleum Engineering: Production Engineering, Drilling Engineering, or Reservoir Engineering;
• You have an excellent publication record in one of the above domains or application areas;
• You have an aptitude for teaching, including lecturing and tutoring at an academic level. If you do not have it yet, you will have to acquire a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) within the first year.
• You will have an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, and writing).
• Ability to collaborate effectively with other teams such as faculty, IT, etc.
Additional information regarding the position can be obtained from Asst. Prof. Dr. Lokman A. Abdulkareem (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Petroleum Dept. (email@example.com).
Please submit your application before 1 October, 2017 (choose “apply now” below). Your application has to include (i) a motivation letter clearly stating how you meet the selection criteria and also outlining your research and teaching interests and (ii) a detailed CV with references.
You will be initially employed for a period of two years. Extension of the employment after this period is a possibility.
• Monthly salary between $ 1500- and $ 2000- depending on experience and qualifications.
• Tax free, so the monthly salary that you will get it is net.
• One flight ticket with return home during the whole contract period.
• Free Accommodation including free transportation from to University campus;
• A good support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
The University of Zakho is interested in the development and provision of all the scientific requirements of each department in addition to the application of the scientific quality assurance. They are also taking into account creating opportunities for the graduates of the university and the labor market. The University of Zakho formed a program to help raise the scientific level according to international standards through the development of the program, the implementation of health instruction and to sustain the application of science and quality assurance. These are part of the policy of the Kurdistan Regional Government and the best example that is introduced of this, is the perpetuation of the programs to send hundreds of students and professors to universities outside the region and the developed countries to obtain advanced degrees (Masters and PHD) in various sciences and each according to their terms of reference to be the basis for the change and development of a scientific point in the Kurdistan region.